So sometimes, you just want to write, but not really about anything, and you read a post on a blog like, oh, say, Here in Franklin, and you go “THAT’S what I need to write about! ” So you shamelessly get yourself tagged. And the author of said blog is nice enough to give you some questions. And then you write that thing.
1. You have magical powers and can go back in time to the concert of your choice. Who is it?
I have magical powers, and I’ve chosen to use them on a concert? Weird. I kind of assumed that if I ever had magical powers, I’d use them to, you know, cure cancer, or invent the ever-growing vodka-bush. But OK, back to the concert. I’m going with Elvis Costello, anytime in the 70’s. I got to see him in February, and while it was all kinds of awesome, it made me even sadder that I never saw him young and angry.
2. You must choose between two candidates to be Ruler of the World. One is a cat. One is a dog. Who do you vote for and why?
You’re kidding, right? The cat, of course. Because while I am on record as saying cats are evil, dogs lack focus. A cat would get shit done. Of course, it would be in his own damn time, but still.
3. Mountains or beach?
Oddly enough, I find both those options terribly disorienting. The mountains more, though. So I’m going with beach. (But really, if I had to pick one landscape forever, I’d probably go with bald-ass prairie. Hated it when I was a kid, and there were no other options, but now it calms me down like nothing else.)
(photo from here)
4. Are you interested at all in the local politics where you live, or do you only pay attention in national elections?
I go back and forth on that one. The same political party has been in power in this province since before I was born, so it feels a little futile to give a damn.
5. You have the opportunity to tell off the person you most despise without any repercussions. Do you? Who is it?
While I have a couple of people in mind….I’m going with a no, I don’t tell them off. Repercussions or no, it has never, ever made me feel any better to tell someone off. As soon as I’m done, I’m either regretting it, or kicking myself for not saying more. Plus? No one has ever changed their behaviour as a result of being told off. Not really.
6. Do you have too much stuff or not enough stuff?
Neither. I think I have the wrong stuff. Everything I have feels like too much, but there’s so much other stuff I still want.
7. The house is on fire. What do you grab first (excluding people and pets)?
My phone. Not now, but a week ago, I would have. Back when it had all my pictures of my kids and every song I love and the phone numbers of everyone I need. You know, before IT CRASHED AND SENT ME INTO A DEEP PIT OF DESPAIR.
(image from here)
8. What place in the world would you visit again and again?
9. Do you ALWAYS answer the phone, or just let it ring?
I rarely answer it. I have control issues. (If I take your calls, you’re pretty freaking special.)
10. Does your family know about your blog?
Most of them. Does it restrict what gets written about? Yeah, probably. My sisters call bullshit when I get something wrong. Keeps me on track 😉
(Thanks, lady, for the help.)