But enough about me, what do you think of me…. I am on the record as being self deprecating before all else, but Max has tagged me, and I am not a poor sport.
1. I am deathly afraid of thunderstorms. I’m no psychologist, but this might be related to the fact that my siblings, father and I drove into a tornado when I was a kid. Obviously, we all came out OK. After the funnel cloud lifted, a man with no jaw was standing by the side of the road. I freaked out, thinking we needed to get him to a hospital. My dad told me to shut up. Turns out he knew the guy, and the jaw had been lost to cancer 20 years before. I didn’t know that.
2. I have replaced saltines and margarine as my “power snack” (Thanks for that term, Sulya!) It is now Arrowroot cookies and Nutella. Oh. My. God.
3. I swear like a truck driver. I was in the car, trying to make a left hand turn against all odds. A woman driving in my path was going too slow for my liking. I swore at her. And from the backseat came my 2 year old son’s interpretation of what I’d just said: “Huckin’ go, bits!” You piece it together.
4. A boy once felt the need to buy me flowers, as atonement. He went out and bought the most expensive flowers he knew of (orchids). I should have been insulted by the fact he thought that would impress me. Instead I married him.
5. My best friend slept with my prom date. I should have felt something. I didn’t.
6. I slouch. I shouldn’t. I don’t want to. A lifetime of being the tallest girl I knew took its toll. In Grade 12, I was 5’10”, and my best friend at the time was 5’1″. She drove a car with a bench seat. I spent my senior year with my ankles around my ears. And not in a good way.
7. The following words are pleasing to me: Shampoo. Fallopian. Gingivitis. Worms.
8. I hit the 300 pound mark when I was pregnant with my son. The nurses were horrified at my inability to be alarmed.
That is all.